Monday, December 9, 2013

The Foundlings by R.M. Garcia Book Blast & Giveaway




Foundling: A Vampire caused by accidental means. Throw together Nazi Vampires, Jewish Vampires, and one very special protective Vampire who is 1000 years old; and you have the makings of an explosive and riveting story.

What would you do, if the love of your life, was suddenly kidnapped by Nazi vampires and forced to become one of them? How would you feel if these same vampires discovered she was Jewish and sentenced her to a permanent death?

Join our hero Donnie as he battles the obstacles of the underworld in a quest for survival against the odds. Will he prevail and save his one true love from eternal damnation?

If you enjoyed Linian Carmine's The Lost Boys, or Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code, then you will truly enjoy this story. Filled with wonderful twists and turns it will keep you guessing to the dramatic end.


EXCERPT

Very well, I respect your tenacity, but I must destroy you now.” Hulderich tossed Donnie high in the air. Abbie watched him soar into the night sky and out of her sight. Hulderich delivered several swift devastating blows to her head, rendering her unconscious. He released her limp body, and she slumped onto the sand and ceased to move. Donnie landed on the Karmann Ghia with a sickening crunch of bone and metal. He turned to see where Hulderich and Abbie were. He spotted Abbie lifeless on the beach, but the rain’s continued deluge made it difficult to spot Hulderich. It wasn’t until the entire car began to rise that he looked back toward the cliff. Hulderich picked up the entire car again. Donnie tried to move, but Hulderich flipped the car, and he landed on the beach among a myriad of broken glass. Before Donnie could turn or move, the first blow struck him. Hulderich raised the car and cruelly brought it down upon Donnie. Every time Donnie attempted to move, the weight of the vehicle was brought down upon him. Two, then three times, and Donnie continued to rise. Six, then seven blows, and Donnie continued to move. Donnie was getting angrier with every strike. Nine and finally after ten clobbers, Hulderich tossed the car aside and jumped on Donnie’s back and grabbed Donnie’s head. “I cannot believe you are still able to move, and I am not easily impressed.” Hulderich started to pull Donnie’s head from his body. Donnie reached out and grabbed Hulderich’s wrists and continued to struggle. “Let me give you a lesson young Abigail failed to use,” Hulderich said, and he continued to squeeze and pull on Donnie’s head “The most efficient way to kill one of our kind is to rip your enemies’ head right off their body like so!”
Let me tell you something,” Donnie said as he began to exert his own force on Hulderich’s wrists “There is no way I am getting punked with my dad’s car.” Donnie pulled Hulderich’s wrists off his neck and pulled him downward violently. He snapped his head backward, hitting Hulderich square in his face with the back of his head. Hulderich staggered backward, and when he recovered, Donnie was standing before him. The two combatants lunged forward recklessly and began striking each other wildly. Donnie seemed to be faster and delivered more strikes, but Hulderich was simply not getting hurt by Donnie’s blows. It was as if Hulderich were made out of stone itself.
You cannot win boy,” Hulderich said, delivering a knee that sent Donnie back flying back onto of the car. “I am a trained soldier and you lack the strength to harm me. Your efforts are in vain.” Donnie’s brain began to whirl and start calculating odds. Every figure and calculation gave the victory to Hulderich. No matter what, Donnie had to continue to fight. He spotted the car’s gas tank, and it seemed surprisingly intact.
He ripped the tank from the chassis and took a flying leap at Hulderich. He bellowed as he brought the metallic container onto Hulderich’s head. Hulderich grabbed Donnie’s neck as he reached him. Donnie realized a split second before the flash that this was exactly what Hulderich intended.
The lightning bolt hit the tank at the precise moment Donnie hit Hulderich with it. The massive explosion that followed covered them both in flames and gasoline. Hulderich was slammed back into the cliff, and Donnie sailed in a high arc upward. The irony that he was once again airborne was not lost on him. Donnie hit the sand and rolled. The flames did not last long, thanks to the unyielding rain. Hulderich emerged from the smoke and grasped Donnie’s neck once again. “I am done toying with you!” he said, and he took hold of Donnie’s neck with both hands. Donnie could see that his flesh was terribly burned and that its color had returned. Donnie could see that in spots where it wasn’t burned, his skin once again had a pinkish hue to it.
What makes you think I was ever playing with you?” Donnie grabbed Hulderich’s wrists and snapped them back. Hulderich screamed in anger, and Donnie could clearly see his fangs protruding from his mouth, and his own fangs sprung out involuntarily in response. Donnie wasn’t sure why, but he instinctively bit into Hulderich’s neck and began to drink.



Praise for The Foundlings:
"This is just one of those stories that draws you in and keeps you reading till the very end."

"Very imaginative and a refreshing twist with vampires; can't wait for the next book to come out."

"a lot of surprises and some twists in this story, it was not predictable and I love that in a book."

Amazon | Smashwords | BN

R.M. Garcia

I was born and raised in New Jersey, and I am the proud son of Puerto Rican parents. My parents moved to New Jersey from Puerto Rico shortly after getting married; I was born about a year later. I have 2 younger siblings, twins, Eric and Erica. Growing up I was a kind child who never asked for much. I didn't ask for anything because my imagination provided me with everything that I would ever need. My mother always said, that of all her children, I was the one that gave her the least amount of trouble.

I was considered a dreamer by all of my teachers, but I never thought that label was a bad thing. I was initially very shy until I got older and stopped caring about others' opinions of me. I realized that I was, who I was, and you either liked me or you didn't; simple as that.

I have been called weird, quirky, funny and trustworthy, all titles I hold dear. I wrote the short story of The Foundlings when I was still in high school and it was not until much later that I fully developed it into a book. Back in the day, I also wrote poetry, but story telling became my true love.

After high school, I moved to Florida and went to college. I dabbled in various professions over the next several years. I worked in jobs such as Hotel Manager, Accountant, Insurance Agent, Travel Agent, Customer Service Rep, Draftsman, and even a Fry Cook.

When I started on the book, I realized that this was my passion, what I was ultimately meant to do. I loved writing The Foundlings and even if it does not become a best seller, I will continue to write. Publishing my first book led to me meeting my wonderful wife. So God willing and with the help of my fans, The Foundlings will make a mark in the literary world. Thank you for reading about me.

Website  |  Author Facebook Page  |  Series Facebook Page  |  Twitter 
GoodreadsAmazon Author Page

 GIVEAWAY

$25 Amazon.com or BN.com Gift Card or Paypal Cash Ends 12/25/2013. Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon.com or BN.com Gift Code or Paypal Cash. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you. The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Giveaway was organized by Kisha from Indie Hoopla Services & Promotions, http://indiehoopla.com and sponsored by the author. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

0 comments:

Post a Comment